Delicious recipe alert! Having a healthy lifestyle and diet doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy rich and flavorful foods. Take pizza for example; sometimes this can be one of the unhealthiest food choices out there. It’s so tasty, but is it good for us? With so many options to make certain foods healthier, we came across an awesome option for a keto pizza that we think you will love. And what’s even better than pizza? Pizza with sausage, of course! This 20-minute keto pizza recipe is sure to leave your mouth watering. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cheese: fresh or shredded mozzarella, parmesan, feta, blue cheese, etc.
- Meat: add your favorite type of meats such as chicken, beef, pepperoni and/or sausage. We recommend our Uncle John’s Pride Mild Country Smoked Sausage, cut into slices.
- Vegetables: onions, peppers, jalapeno, olives, spinach, etc.
- Low sugar tomato sauce
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make your crust, add two cups of mozzarella cheese and one ounce of cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Remove cheese mixture from microwave and add in one egg, almond flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Transfer dough onto a large piece of parchment paper and cover with another large piece of parchment paper. You may consider sprinkling a little almond flour onto the top and bottom of the dough to decrease sticking.
- Flatten out dough using a rolling pin to about ¼’’ thick. Remove parchment paper and shape with hands if desired.
- Transfer flattened dough onto a baking sheet or pizza stone and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven (keep the oven on) and load your pizza however you like with your favorite sauces, cheeses, and toppings. Be sure to include the Uncle John’s Pride sausage!
- Place pizza back into the oven and bake for another 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.