One Pan Hot Sausage and Veggies
Its always a challenge to find an easy and healthy meal for your family. We found you a winner with our one pan Hot Sausage and veggies meal! The one pan makes for easy cleanup. The combination of fresh veggies and hot sausage is absolutely delicious. The flavors perfectly balance each other and provide protein and vitamins. You can also change out the spices and vegetables in this dish meal for a completely different spin on this recipe.
This hot sausage and veggies dish is so versatile that you can serve it over a ton of different items. Our favorites are rice and quinoa, but it also pairs nicely with whole wheat pasta. The leftovers work great as an easy microwaveable lunch or as an after school snack. Without further ado, let’s get cooking!
- 2 large carrots (2 cups)
- 2 red skinned potatoes (2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini (2.25 cups)
- 2 red peppers (2 cups)
- 1 head broccoli (1.5 cups)
- 16 ounces Uncle John’s Pride Hot sausage
- .5 TBSP each dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
- .5 TSP each onion powder, dried thyme
- .125 TSP red pepper flakes (optional)
- .5 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 and .5 TBSP olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Peel and thinly slice the carrots. Wash and chop the red potatoes. Makes sure the pieces are really small so they cook throughly in the oven.
- Slice the zucchini and cut into thick slices. Chop the broccoli and remove the stems. Cut the red pepper and remove the seeds and stem. Slice the hot sausage into large pieces.
- Pour all of the vegetables and sausage onto the sheet pan
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the seasonings and salt and pepper (optional) into the olive oil. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Pour this mixture on top of the veggies and hot sausage and toss to coat. Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and toss the veggies and sausage. Return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Remove from oven and top with parmesan cheese.
Our favorite way to serve this meal is over white or brown rice. All of the textures and seasonings melt together to produce a heart healthy meal. You can mix in different vegetables such as corn, cauliflower, cabbage or summer squash. The Parmesan cheese can be substituted for cheddar or mozzarella cheese. Also, for some extra kick, add a few sprinkles of hot sauce right before serving. Before you know it, this will be a family favorite, the easy cleanup helps busy weeknights. Each tweak to the ingredients will make it like a completely different meal. It’s also a fantastic meal to make for friends or for parties. Everyone will be asking for the recipe by the end of the party!