3 Sausage Appetizer Recipes
Everyone loves a good sausage appetizer or sausage snack! Packed with protein, they can can tide you over until your next meal. These hard hitters are great as after school snack or as a weekend picnic treat. They are so simple to prepare and have almost zero hands on cooking time. You can make them in advance for a birthday party. These all would pair perfectly with a cool glass of lemonade and fun outdoor activities. Life is always more fun when smoked sausage is involved!
Roasted Potato & Andouille Pork Sausage Fans
- 1 package Troy Lanry’s Choot ‘Em Smoked Sausage Andouille Pork Sausage, cut into slices
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 baking potatoes
- 12 slices mild cheddar cheese, split in half
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Wash the potatoes and dry. With a knife, cut slits into the potato half an inch apart. The potato should still be connected at the bottom. Do not slice all the way thorough.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cut potatoes and wrap in tin foil
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until potatoes are almost tender
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool slightly. Insert the sausage, cheese and onions between the potato slices.
- Close foil and bake for another 10-20 minutes until the potatoes are fully tender
- 1 package Bean Brother’s Mild Country Smoked Sausage, sliced into cubes
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) beer
- 1 loaf french bread, also sliced into cubes
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low-medium heat. Slowly stir in flour and pepper until the mixture is smooth in texture. Gradually stir in beer and bring to a boil. Stir and cook for 2 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the shredded cheddar and stir until melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or small slow cooker and keep warm.
- Serve with the smoked sausage and bread cubes.
Cheese, Crackers and Sausage Appetizer
- 1 package team Realtree Mild Smoked Pork Sausage, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- Ritz® Crackers
- Block of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- Dark, course-ground mustard
- Place the Realtree Mild Smoked Pork Sausage pieces onto a hot grill. Grill until the edges start to curl into a cup shape and are slightly brown. This should be about 3 minutes. Next, flip the pieces and put cheese into the cupped side.
- Cover the grill to allow the cheese to melt.
- While that is cooking, spread the Ritz® crackers with mustard
- Remove the sausage and cheese cups from the grill and sandwich them between the crackers and enjoy!
Who would ever think smoke sausage could make so many different snacks and appetizers? The potato recipe is great on a chilly fall or winter day. You can also garnish them with sour cream and chives. The fondue and Cheese, crackers and sausage appetizer are more of a spring or summer treat. These are all amazing treats to help you and your family celebrate good times!