Spicy & Savory Jalapeño Sausage Stuffing
If you love the spicy punch of jalapeño sausage and the buttery, savory flavor of stuffing, you’ll love our recipe!
Combine all the delightful deliciousness of Uncle John’s Pride Jalapeño Sausage with the goodness of vegetables, butter, bread, and seasoning. You don’t have to wait for the holidays to make this recipe– you can make it anytime you like. Eat for dinner, serve as a side, or eat as a snack!
To make this dish, you will need a casserole-style flat pan with raised edges and a few simple groceries. Stuffing is usually seen as a traditional American dish served around the holidays, but you can make it any time you like if you have the right ingredients on hand.
Don’t forget, you can always switch up this dish and add whatever vegetables or other ingredients you like. Use this recipe as a base and follow it to the letter or add different ingredients, herbs, or seasonings that you enjoy. Topping with cheese in the last few minutes of baking is also an excellent way to make this dish a little more decadent!
This dish goes great with white wine or beers. Any beer will do, but try a German-style lager or a hoppy IPA to keep up with the intense flavors of this spicy, savory stuffing.
- 1 package Uncle John’s Pride Jalapeño Smoked Sausage
- 10 cups of cubed French bread (or bread of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 pieces of celery
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups stock, chicken or beef
- 1 stick of butter
- Olive oil, for dressing
- Sliced jalapeño, optional
- Cayenne pepper, optional
- Chopped herbs, optional
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut your bread into cubes. Place them onto baking sheet (use two if needed). Cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes to get dry.
- Take the bread cubes out. Increase oven to 400 degrees.
- Take the bread cubes and place in large bowl. Lightly drizzle olive oil over them; toss to mix. Add salt and pepper (and cayenne or other desired spices if you like.)
- Turn a pan on and heat over medium. Take your package of Uncle John’s Pride Jalapeño Smoked Sausage and cook until the sausages are cooked, 10-15 minutes. Let them rest five minutes before slicing and putting in the bowl with the bread. Mix lightly.
- Replace the sausage in the pan with celery, onions and peppers, and jalapenos if using. Cook in the sausage fat.
- Turn heat down a little and cook the chopped onion, celery, and bell pepper mixture until the onions are slightly translucent. Add salt and 3/4 of your butter stick.
- Pour the butter and vegetable mixture over the bread and sausage and mix together lightly.
- Mix up eggs and add to bread mixture.
- Heat up your broth, whether using chicken or beef. Have it ready. Mix 1 1/2 cups of stock into the bread. You can use more or less as preferred.
- Add bits of the rest of your softened butter to the top. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes covered, then 15 minutes without a cover to get a nice browning on the top. You can add a light sprinkling of salt and pepper as well for that final seasoning. Let rest and get ready to serve hot!
There you have it! This spicy and savory jalapeño sausage stuffing recipe is good for eating any time of the year. This dish takes under a half hour to prepare and serves up to eight people (or 3 to 4 very hungry people!). It’s a great dish to make for family, friends, or special occasions, and with Uncle John’s Pride Jalapeño Smoked Sausage included in the lineup, you can’t go wrong.
Add your own touch to this dish, too! Whether it’s chopped herbs, spicy peppers, or a bit of shredded cheese, you can always tailor this stuffing to make it your own. Thanks for reading, and happy eating!